Wilward - 100 Night Elf Druid [Accepted]

If you wish to join the Order of Azeroth, please read the sticky and then post a thread here!

Wilward - 100 Night Elf Druid [Accepted]

Postby Wilward » 07 Dec 2014, 12:08

Character

Character name: Wilward
Realm: Quel'Thalas
Level: 100
Class: Image Druid
Race: Image Night Elf

Motivation

Are you over 18? Check yes or no.:
yes

Can you tell us a bit about yourself please ? (Where do you live? What do you do for a living?):
My name is Bond. James Bond, international man of myst... oh. Sorry. Daydreaming again. I'm 42 year old Finn living on the west coast (best coast) of Sweden. I live here with my wife, two daughters and two bunny rabbits. I used to be an IT-manager at that big Swedish automotive company, but got tired of peddling Excel and switched to something more "hands on". Currently working as a Security Analyst/InfoSec consultant, travelling around the country trying not to hack government offices or blow up nuclear plants. I've been a member before, you can find my last application here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7548 (I was still young! And..... worgen!)

What is the role/spec you are applying for?:
tank

Please list your alts.:
Remir, Yarl, Cromley, Ovgrim

Is this your main char on this server? Do you have any other characters in other guilds on the server ? Is your main character on max level?:
Yes, Wilward is pretty universally my main character. I don't play actively on any other servers. I think my highest off-server character is 85 at the moment.

Reason for leaving your current guild?:
Well this is a bit funny question/answer. My current guild is basically just a placeholder guild created for me and my alts (the wife and couple of friends joined as well). It's not really a real guild at all. My last *real* guild was ToOA. The reason for leaving ToOA was simply because I switched jobs in February and got to do quite a bit of travelling as a result. That basically resulted in veeeery low attendance and I didn't really have time with the game anymore. I didn't think it was very fair for me to "hog a spot" in the guild, so I decided to move my characters to a holding guild in hopes of finding more gametime later on. Seems now is later on.

What can you bring to us and what do you expect?:
I bring gifts! Ehrm. Oh, it was a metaphorical question? Very tricksy.
I'm reasonably versatile player, I can fill in any role, though I think it would be in everyones best interests to not ask me to DPS too often, that way you'll have functional DPS and I don't have to revise my "fairly versatile" title - but anyway, as a healer or a tank, I don't have to be carried too much (unless the boss has a mechanic involving dodging tornadoes. I hate tornadoes). I've tanked through most of ToT and SoO with the guild, so I'm sure some of you still remember those, uhhm, glorious deeds. There should be logs.. and things like that in case anyone wants to check how I fail at Savage Defense uptime :-)
As a return, I'm looking for fairly laid-back, fun raiding environment that gets reasonable results but doesn't take itself way too seriously. I've done some raid leading/guild management in the past, but don't think I have enough time for that at the moment, so just looking to contribute as a normal raiding member.

Are you applying as Social Member (normal raids only) or a Raiding Member (all raids):
Raider

Please include a link to World of Warcraft Armory displaying relevant spec, enchants and gems for your main character:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/q ... d/advanced

For Raid applications, describe your raiding experience. For social applications - tell us about your general WoW experience:
I've played WoW since Vanilla and have raided on and off during that time. Most recent raiding experience is from MoP and with ToOA. I'm ticking the "tank" spec application, but I do have a pre-raid healing set geared and ready to go as well, so either Guardian or Resto - up to you.

Check the days you’re available to sign up for raids (of any type):
monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday

Do you agree with our raid times 8:30pm to 11pm Server time (UTC+1)?:
Yes. They are Very Fine raid times indeed.

Is your computer good enough to maintain a high FPS? What’s the spec?:
Good enough. Suffered through Molten Core without any issues
Wilward
Home away from home

Re: Wilward - 100 Night Elf Druid

Postby jadwinia » 07 Dec 2014, 12:13

GIEF WILWARD! GIEF!
jadwinia
Frenchman

Postby Horpyna » 07 Dec 2014, 12:23

Whee! Great to see you back here Wil, good luck with your app :D
Horpyna
Home away from home

Postby Blueghost » 07 Dec 2014, 15:59

Well Mr Bond, like I said I don't think would have been a problem if you have stayed and more then happy to see you back.
Now about that DB4...
Hypocrisy is not a way of getting back to the moral high ground. Pretending you're moral, saying you're moral is not the same as acting morally.
Alan Dershowitz
Blueghost
Home away from home

Postby Babadochia » 07 Dec 2014, 18:42

Welcome back!
Babadochia
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wilward - 100 Night Elf Druid [Accepted]

Postby Armann » 08 Dec 2014, 11:24

An early X-mas gift to the guild :)